Emilia Ninik Aydawati
Gerardus Majella Adhyanggono
Website Designer & Administrator
Ignatius Setya Dwiana
Connecting the Vanishing Flora, Fauna and its Relation to the Indian Removal Policy as seen in Cooper’s The Leatherstocking Tales
The Hunger Games: Representing the New Image of American Popular Heroes
The Language and Ideology of Capital Punishment for Drug Convicts Found in Selected Opinions in The Jakarta Post
The Effect of Learning Approach and Reading Interest Toward Students’
Narrative Writing Achievement
Linking Metaphors and Arguments to Semantic Problems: A Case Study of Victory Verbs in Indonesian Online Football News
Metaphors and Arguments to Semantic Political Metaphors in Indonesian Mass Media and Its Persuasive Effect to Readers
Women Resistance toward Discriminations: A Modern Literary Work Analysis in Feminism Review in Bekisar MerahMujiono and Moh. Zalhairi
Emilia Ninik Aydawati
Yoseph Edmundus Budiyana
Website Designer & Administrator
Chaos Theory as Depicted in The Adjustment Bureau
Exploring the Potential of Facebook for Blended Learning
Teachers' Perceptions on the Model Development of Character Based Teaching Material for SMA/ MA Students in Semarang
Strategies for Teaching Writing in EFL Class at a Senior High School in Indonesia
Teaching and Learning Grammar and Style in Writing - A Practical Approach
Awareness on the Internal Structure of Morphologically-Complex Words and Its Relationship to Vocabulary Size
Management of Innovation in Language Teaching (A Case Study of
Managing Innovation in Rural Schools in NTT Province, Indonesia)
Celt MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Celt journal is a peer-reviewed journal. It is published twice a year, July and December by the Faculty of Language & Arts, Soegijapranata Catholic University, Semarang, Indonesia. We accept manuscripts on Culture, English Language Teaching and learning, and on pure linguistics and literature. Celt received the nationally re-accreditation status from the Indonesian Directorate General of Higher Education No. 040/P/2014 in February 2014 and is effective until the next five years.
1. File types: The manuscript submitted to Celt should be in Microsoft Word program (.doc or .docx).
2. Manuscript types:
We accept research reports, analysis articles, and book reviews. A research report and an analysis paper should be 4,000 – 7,000 words excluding the title, abstract, key words, and references.
a. The manuscript should be written in academic English language, typewritten in Goudy Old Style 12 font, single spaced. The margin should use the normal Microsoft Word margin (1 inches left, right, top, and bottom).
b. Titles, abstract, and keywords:
The manuscript (conceptual/ analysis article, research article and book reviews) has to have a title, which should reflect the content of the manuscript and may not exceed a total of 15 words. Underneath the title should be an abstract of approximately 150 – 300 words, which is in English (normal font), followed by an Indonesian abstract underneath (italicized). Three to five key words should be provided also in English (normal font) and Indonesian (italicized).
A research report should include Introduction, Literature Review, Methods, Findings, and Conclusion.
A conceptual/ analysis article should include Introduction, Subtopics, and Conclusion.
A book review should include physical features of the books (title, writer, publisher, year of publication, pages, ISBN, and index. The author(s) should include a scanned image of the cover of the book.
c. Author(s) contact details:
Author(s) should provide contact details including full name (with titles), emails, mailing address, and telephone numbers on a separate file for the purpose of anonymous/ blind peer review.
In addition to informing who the author(s) of the article is (are), author(s) are advised to use footnotes to add additional information/explanation on a written text or additional readings to support the text, which may disturb the flow of the article if left inside the original article.
e. Citations and References:
Starting from the re-accredited 2014 version, the Celt manuscript conforms to the APA style for citation and references. Please refer to APA Publication Manual for reference, which is available at any website. You may also make use of the in-built APA referencing system used by Microsoft computer programs or see the following for samples:
- Paraphrased content examples
Imber-Black (2009) found that dogs can be a source of therapy for sick people.
In support of the idea that the drug industry do have a relationship to psychiatry, Smith’s (2008) research show that pharmacists would do annual workshops with psychiatrist.
- Direct Quotes (under 40 words)
Culture is a “a system of belief” that includes… (Hall, 2005, p.13).
Hall (2005) stated that the “system of belief” in culture is …
The study showed that research in culture is “a reflection of…” (Smith & Tyler, 2013, para. 8).
On the other hand, Goddard (2014) believes that “the data was unreliable” (Methods section, para. 6).
- Block Quotes (direct quotes over 40 words)
Indent block quotes five spaces or half an inch and do not use quotation marks. Like used in the rest of the paper, APA block quotes should use double spacing. In block quotes, the period goes before the parentheses. This is different from short quotes.
Williamson states that examining the outcome of research as follows:
The research outcome becomes the most important of the data as it shows the effectiveness of the research performance. Data that is collected from interviews are usually coded first to enable some kind of categorization, which later gives researchers the ability to analyze and present as the outcome. (2008, p. 205)
Arthropod. (2004). In Merriem-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary. Retrieved from http://www.crredoreference.com/entry/mwcollegiate/arthropod_%C3%A4_thr_p%C3%A4d
Hark, R.B, & Claron, B.P. (2004). Measurement problems and conceptual model of fast-food dieting. In R.B. Hark, B.P. Clarion, & W.A. Thorndike (Eds.), The Fast-Food Syndrome: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Research (pp. 139-145). New York, N.Y: Springer.
Imber-Black, E. (2009). Snuggles, my cotherapist, and other animal tales in life and therapy. Family Process, 48, 459-461. doi:10.1111/j.1545-5300.2009.01295.x
National Academies (Producer). (2007 June 6). Progress in preventing childhood obesity: How do we measure up? The Sounds of Science Podcast. Podcast retrieved from http://media.nap.edu/podcasts
Rodman G. (2009). Mass Media in a Changing World. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Sagarin, B.J., & Lawler-Sagarin, K.A. (2005). Critically evaluating competing theories: An exercise based on the Kitty Benovese murder. Teaching of Psychology, 32 (3), 167-169.
Smith, T. (2008, May 18). Psychiatry link with drug industry. Retrieved November 2, 2013, from The New York Times: http//www.nytimes.com
f. Graphs and illustrations:
The format of graphs and illustrations should also conform to MLA style. Please send them in a separate file. On the article, put a note on where it should be positioned. If there are technicalities, the editors will communicate further by email.
g. Subject index:
A list of 15-20 words are given at the end of the manuscript (after the references) to be used as subject index for the journal’s publication.
3. The author(s) must sign a Publication Declaration statement clarifying that the submitted article is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
4. Manuscripts should be sent to the editors to email@example.com
5. Contributors whose manuscripts are published will receive ONE copy of the printed journal and ONE soft copy file of a print-off for free. To help with the printing, shipping, and the administrative costs, contributors whose articles are published will be asked to contribute Rp 750.000 (seven hundred and fifty thousand rupiah) or US $75 (seventy-five US dollars) to Maybank Indonesia on behalf of Angelika Riyandari and Antonius Suratno with the account number 1-575-16246-4. For overseas contributors, please add in the bank swift code IBBKIDJA. The contribution fee must be paid after the decision notice from Celt.
6. Contributors whose manuscripts are rejected will get a notification from the editorial boards.
7. Samples of old published abstracts and manuscripts that have an APA style citation and references can be seen in http://www.journalcelt.com and through the OJS (on-line journal system) website http://journal.unika.ac.id/index.php/celt/
8. Note: Free open access download per manuscripts in the website will only be available for the first six months, afterwards the access will be restricted and per article download may have a fee to it. Those wanting the full hard copy of the journal for Rp 40.000 (forty thousand rupiah) or US $4 (four US dollars) per journal, not including postage can contact the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org